The Head On Photo Festival, one of the nation’s biggest photography events, is fighting back against the tsunami of COVID-19 shutdowns in the arts industry by taking this year’s event completely online.

The festival, first staged in 2009, and with a total prize pool of $70,000, brings a roster of international talent to exhibit at eight venues around Sydney including Bondi Beach, Paddington Town Hall and Parliament House.

Head On festival organiser Moshe Rosenzveig says he is excited about taking the festival online.

Head On festival organiser Moshe Rosenzveig says he is excited about taking the festival online.Credit:Zorica Purlija

“Cancelling was never an option. ‘No’ is not a word in our lexicon,” said festival director Moshe Rosenzveig. “We’re a very small team and we think laterally. When we realised it was going to be challenging, we started to think of alternative solutions and came up with the idea of doing it online.”

The festival will run as previously scheduled between May 1 and 17, but with all exhibitions, panels, artist talks and other events online.



Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here